Packers and Movers services

Packers and Movers Services

Our initial quest lasted for 3 months. And over the year, our partnerships with many cheap, professional, branded movers and packers and working with them together for 2500+ moves. We have seen the good, bad and ugly side of the industry and learned many things.

In this blog, we want to share our in-depth overview on how to distinguish different relocation service providers.

Let’s take couple of case studies to understand the market better.

Local Shifting

Priya had to shift her 2BHK from “My Home Jewel” Miyapur Hyderabad to kondapur. She thought this would be a simple task and started searching for packers and movers online. The top searches are most probably the Top 5 or Top 10 websites or Agarwal or Leo. She called up 4 to 5 packers and movers service providers, gets 5 different quotes and confused to choose one when everyone promising the same services. This would be the situation of the many people who had experienced shifting or doing it so.

Cheap packers and movers(Rs 3000- 4000) Professional packers and movers (Rs 6000-7000) Branded packers and movers(Rs 10000)
Pros
Cheap Affordable Branded
Good for non valuable goods Professional labour
Full complete packing
Time dedicated 7-8 hours Time dedicated Whole day
Competitive price for the service. 24*7 support
Move Supervisor
Final price doesn't change
Cons
Adda labour for sure No damage guarantee
No tracking
Chances they don’t turn up on the move day Not customer oriented. Outsourcing to third party vendors on demand degrades quality.
Demand for Tips Ask for Tips
No support except vendor mobile number No support except mobile number
Hidden cost Expensive
No packing. (except for kitchen and clothes)

Non Local Move:

Srikant was excited about his new job in Bangalore. But, at the same time he was anxious about finding a home and shifting to Bangalore from Hyderabad. He had to talk to multiple packers and movers, ask them do the house survey and get the quotes.

Each providing a different range of quotes and promising hell lot of things, how should he pick one?

Usually, we go with the service provider who is in the budget, behaves well and promised things you need. But it might not be a wise decision without knowing the market standards and auditing the past performances of the movers.

Let’s come to the point - Why there is a wide difference in quotations?

Let's dig in how different vendors stack against each other.

Cheap movers and packers Professional movers and packers Branded Movers and packers
No pro in long haul moves. Does proper Survey Does proper survey.
Move Co-ordinator Move Co-ordinator.
Do packing as promised High Quality packing
Moderately priced for the service
Pan India Presence
24/7 customer support
Chances of fraud and theft. No damage guaranteed
No on time guaranteed.
No Tracking at all No live Tracking
They are not relocation service providers, they are just middle man with dummy company name. Have a presence in few cities but show the customers they provide services across India.
No move coordinator Not much customer oriented
Low-quality packing material Last minute surprises on price
No 24/7 support
sharing with Industrial goods truck.(Disastrous). Make you believe it's a household goods truck.
No registrations or tax numbers.
Dummy Insurance
Doesn't pay taxes
Cost
Base price + 5% profit Base price + 15% Base price + 30-40%

Recommended: If you want to know more about charges read our famous blog on

However, it is not always prudent to choose branded service providers. Sometimes it is too costly, sometimes one may not see professionalism in their working and sometimes same service is provided by professional packers and movers. But is not always easy to find the professional packers and movers, the customer has to put in a lot of efforts to make things happen.

Migrera - The shifting hero who come to save Priya, Srikanth and many others.

Migrera is not just an open marketplace to get you the quotes from different vendors and give to the customers to deal with and leave in between.

Our experience says “Getting quotes is just 30% of the house shifting process. Think about the rest 70%”.

We’re a modern booking engine and end to end service provider helping you right from — getting the best quotes from the most reliable services providers in the market, support on the move day co-ordination to post delivery and provide the customers with best in class support with any issues.

packers and movers services

Migrera is a data enabled platform which find outs the market trends and service standard of the packers and movers to the different cities( New Delhi, Chennai, Pune, Bangalore, Jaipur, Mumbai, Hyderabad….) and bring the trusted, service quality and hand picked vendors for the each customer making the house shifting process more reliable and hassle free than any other platform.

Related Posts